The low-cost S5 adapter
The ACCON-COM-Kabel is a low-cost adapter to connect a PC with a S5 PLC. The voltage supply is effected via the PLC interface, thus an external voltage feed is not necessary.
Perfect fields of application
- As programming adapter to create and change the PLC program
- As communication adapter for visualizations
- As communication adapter for accessing the PLCs data files
Varied ranges of application
Programming a S5 controller e.g. with ACCON-PG or the Siemens' STEP 5 software. Connecting visualizations with S5 controllers.
- Connection to COM interface
- No separate voltage feed necessary
|Connection to the PC||RS-232 with 9-pin SUB-D bushing, cable stationary mounted|
|Connection to the PLC||TTY with 15-pin SUB-D plug|
|Supported PLCs||S5 of the U series|
|Protection type||IP 20|
|Supply voltage||5 VDC from PLC interfaces|
|Extension possible||Not recommended|